At ErgoEquip we want you to get the most from the products you purchase. Our products come with a 30 day customer satisfaction guarantee, less a restocking fee. Restocking fees are equal to 25% of the value of the product sold. In certain cases the handling charge may be waived depending on the condition of the product and the amount of time required to restock the product. In cases where the product (including its box, manuals, etc.) is damaged either cosmetically or functionally, there may be an additional restocking fee (as it will require repair, repackaging or refurbishing before it can be sold again). In all cases the customer is responsible for all shipping charges (both on the initial shipment and on the return shipment).
Many furniture items have a 35% restocking charge (e.g. monitor arms, keyboard arms and trays, etc.), as once they have been installed there is scuffing and marks which does not permit us to refurbish the product to new condition.
To qualify for a customer satisfaction guarantee, the following procedure must be followed:
- Verify that the product is in as-new condition. Damaged, abused or obviously used products will be subject to additional restocking fees.
- Please contact us via email at email@example.com or phone 519-894-1419 within 30 days of the date of your invoice and let us know that you would like to return a product.
- If we cannot address your concerns with the product (or the suitability of the product for your application), we will provide you with return instructions.
- Repack the product in the original product packaging with all original enclosures.
- Returns must be shipped freight pre-paid by a method that provides proof of delivery.
Please note all refunds are made in the same form as the original method of payment.
NOTE: This policy only applies to initial purchases of the product. If a product is returned and then purchased again by the same company or organization, we reserve the right to restrict this return policy, including increasing the restocking charge. The intent of this return policy is to provide organizations the opportunity to try out a product that they have never had access to previously.
If the product is defective or the product develops a defect within the warranty period?
If you feel your product is defective, please contact us by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-894-1419 so that we can attempt to troubleshoot the problem. We acknowledge 5 circumstances with respect to warranty:
1) The product arrived damaged, (the box is damaged or the product appears to have been damaged in transit)
In this case, a claim must be made with the courier company. Keep all packaging (external) and packing material as all these items will have to be provided to the courier as part of the claim process. Claims should be made within 7-10 business days. Inform us of the issue and keep us informed of the outcome. Once you are satisfied with your claim, order the product again. We can ship with a different courier.
2) The purchase was within the initial 30 day customer satisfaction guarantee period.
Email email@example.com or phone our office, 519-894-1419 and obtain return instructions. All returns are at the customer's expense. We w-ill verify the defect and send out either a warranty replacement or repair the product at our expense if the product is indeed defective; should the product turn out to not be defective, then the customer is responsible for the shipping cost to send the original product back to the customer.
An alternative procedure if the customer needs a replacement immediately would be for the customer to order a new unit, and pay for the shipping cost on the new unit. You would still be responsible for sending the original unit back to ErgoEquip, and should the product be defective, a refund would be issued for the cost of the product (but not for the shipping/handling). If the original product was not defective, then the return would be processed as a return under the customer satisfaction guarantee, and normal restocking charges would apply.
3) The purchase is outside of the initial 30 day customer satisfaction guarantee period but within the warranty period of the product
In this case, the normal procedure is to email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-894-1419 and obtain return instructions to ship the product back to Ergo Equip at your expense. We will verify the defect and send out a warranty replacement or repair the product at our expense if the product is indeed defective. Should the product turn out to not be defective, then the customer is responsible for the shipping cost to send the original product back to the customer.
4) The purchase is outside of the warranty period
In this case, the product is not covered; in certain limited cases we may be able to repair a product (i.e. replacement of a cable); please contact Ergo us, email@example.com or phone 519-894-1419 for more details.
5) The warranty is handled directly by the manufacturer
For certain products, and certain types of warranty issues, the manufacturer will handle the warranty directly. You will be advised if this is the case when you contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-894-1419 with your issue.